Wednesday, December 17, 2008

WARNING BOUNCE STINKS: HOW TO RUIN ALL FOOD STORAGE


Hello friends and family! I would just like to take a moment to let you know that I have learned a very expensive lesson this month. Bounce dryer sheets should not be in the same area with any food or items used in any way with food. Bounce dryer sheets, even unopened boxes, will ruin everything in your food storage from cold cereal, rice, wheat, oats, and snack bars, to Zip Lock freezer bags. The food and everything else tastes and smells like Bounce. If you eat the food anyway your throat will swell and you have coughing fits that seem endless. Unfortunately, this month I have lost hundreds of dollars in food, supplies, and emergency necessities. Whats worse is we really could have used that stuff. Instead, I am forced to be strategic about all meals and find ways to replace our storage.


This is a warning to everyone because the Bounce box does not state the dangers of putting near anything.

3 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a NIGHTMARE! I had no idea, thank you for spreading the warning!! I'm so sorry, wow. I loved the pics of the kids in their Metallica t's...did you all go to a concert together :)? I can picture it now. Sorry it has been such an insane semester for your fam. I bet you are extremely thrilled for your break this Christmas. RELAX and ENJOY it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sad. Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So you told me this story a few weeks ago and I had never known about this problem. The other day at Target, I happened to be buying dryer sheets and baby food at the same time. The checkout lady took the dryer sheets and put them in a bag by themselves and said she never bags dryer sheets with anything else, especially food, because they can ruin it. I thought it interesting that I go 30 years without ever knowing of this little concern and then twice in one week, I am warned of the dangers of Bounce. Now we will all spread the word...

    ReplyDelete